Subject: Internship programme of National Commission for Minorities.
The guidelines of the Internship programme of National Commission for Minorities are as under:-
- An application for internship should be submitted to Secretary, NCM at least a month before the internship is proposed to be started. The application should be accompanied with a recommendation from the Head of the educational institution, University or a Government body and a photograph of the candidate attested by the recommending organization.
- Internship available to post-graduate and research students in the disciplines of Social Science and Law who are interested to have an exposure to and understanding of minority related issues. The internship will be offered to only those research scholars who have already completed M.A. The internship will also be offered to the scholars having Ph.D qualification.
- Duration of the internship will be of 3 months.
- In case the permission is accorded, the applicant will be issued temporary membership of NCM library for a maximum period of 3 months.
- No payment will be charged form the interns for availing of internet facility, library facility and computer facility.
- Only four scholars at a time can be accommodated.
- The applicant is required to give an undertaking in the application that he/she agrees to abide by the terms and conditions as applicable from time to time.
- The interns will be attached to with any of the members of the NCM.
- The interns will be required to submit a brief report/ paper at the end of their internship. Token stipend @ Rs.8,000/- per month will be payable at the end of the internship once the report/paper has been assessed as satisfactory.
- Certificates will be issued on completion of their internship.
- The interns will be required to make their own arrangements for boarding and lodging during the internship period.
- The candidates will be required to produce a permission letter from the Chairman of the Department or their Supervisor in case they are interested to pursue the internship during term time in the Universities.
- The NCM will scrutinize the applications and the actual offer will be sent to candidates subject to availability of slots.
- The selection of the interns will be done once a year. With 4 interns per quarter, a total number of 16 interns will be accommodated in a year. A few reserve candidates will also be short-listed.